This month’s meeting commencing at 7.00pm Meeting venue is the Canberra Southern Cross Club, Corinna Street. Phillip will again highlight the shortage of indoor sporting facilities in Canberra’s south.
The agenda includes the following presentations:
- Dodgers Basketball Club facility audit – Grant Keys, Vice President
- Motion for a sports and recreation plan – Johnathan Davis MLA
- Catherine Townsend – Government Architect
- Minister Davidson – Parliamentary Agreement commitment
Recreation facilities provide many benefits to communities by bringing people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds together to socialise and keep fit. In addition to the physical and mental health outcomes, they can inspire and motivate people while fostering community pride.
A centrally located facility in Woden is accessible by public transport and would attract people to the centre to connect to the community and support small business in the area.
Minister Davidson will launch our petition which requests the Assembly to:
- build and own a multi-purpose indoor sports stadium in the Woden Town Centre that can be hired at a reasonable cost by local community sports groups.