Sheila Hughes, President of the ACT Chapter of the Institute of Architects will be addressing the Woden Valley Community Council at its meeting on Wednesday, 2 November 2011 at 7.30 pm in the Aegean Room in the Hellenic Club, Woden on the issue of ‘What kind of suburbs do we want in Canberra and how can that be achieved’. This presentation is very timely given the ACT Government’s release last week of its Draft Planning Strategy that aims to set the city’s direction for the next 50 years.[teaserbreak]
Also the concept plans for the expansion of the National Capital Private Hospital on the Canberra Hospital campus will be presented at the meeting. The proposed expansion will include additional wards and intensive care facilities.
At the Council’s Annual General Meeting on 5 October 2011, Dr Jenny Stewart was re-elected as President of the Council with Mike Reddy elected as Vice-President, Shirley Lithgow as Secretary, Henry Hatch as Treasurer, Bill O’Brien as Public Relations Officer, and Martin Miller and Chris Erett as Committee Members.
All are most welcome to attend the Woden Valley Community Council meeting on 2 November. Come along to hear about and express your views on issues of interest to the Woden community.
A reminder—that the Woden Valley Festival will be held on Saturday, 6 November 2011 in Eddison Park (off Launceston Street, Phillip). The Festival will run from 10am to 3pm and will be followed by the Liftoff Festival from 4pm to 9pm, which is the youth component of the Festival. Liftoff features the popular Liftoff band competition and bands from Canberra and interstate. The Festival will have a variety of dance and cultural performers plus a wide range of interactive activities and workshops, face painting for children, a variety of rides and games, and great food. Please see www.wodenvalleyfestival.org.au for more information.
Draft Meeting Agenda
7.30pm on Wednesday, 2 November 2011
Aegean Room, Hellenic Club
- Welcome and Apologies
- Records of WVCC Meetings held on 7 September 2011 and 5 October 2011
- Presentation by Sheila Hughes, President of the ACT Chapter of the Institute of Architects on ‘What kind of suburbs do we want in Canberra and how can that be achieved’.
- Chris Purdon from Purdon Associates will present concept plans for the expansion of the National Capital Private Hospital on the Canberra Hospital campus. The expansion will include additional wards and intensive care facilities.
- General business:
- Update on the Pitch and Putt Golf Club issue
- Mandir Ashram’s application for reconsideration of ACTPLA’s refusal of the proposed 106-bed residential aged care facility (RACF)
- Woden Community Festival on 5 November 2011
- Planning Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Any other business
- Next meeting of the WVCC—Wednesday, 7 December 2011 at 7.30 pm in the Hellenic Club