The Canberra Hospital (TCH) is the largest public hospital in our region. We provide care to more than 500,000 people through a range of services that include acute inpatient and day services, outpatient services, women’s and children’s services, paediatrics and pathology.
SPIRE will be a state-of-the-art critical care and surgical facility able to meet acute healthcare demand into the future.
- · more inpatient beds and operating theatres
- · a new and expanded intensive care unit including paediatric intensive care, a rehabilitation gym and a family zone to support family-centred care
- · an expanded coronary care unit including interventional radiology
- · a new and expanded emergency department
- · interventional radiology suites as well as integrated radiology and medical imaging facilities
- · a mental health short stay unit.
Preparatory site works for SPIRE will get underway with decanting and site works commencing this year, with construction set for completion in 2023-24.