Update . ACAT has determined that the proposed development complies with the Territory Plan in every respect except that Buildings B, D and E need to be reconfigured or redesigned to address non-compliance with Criterion 7(a) of the Community facilities Zone (CFZ). Click image for enlarged version
The Goodwin Farrer redevelopment is currently receiving attention at the ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal. Woden Valley residents may recall that approval was given on 18 November 2015 to this development at 22 Marshall St Farrer, a development which includes six new buildings of 5 and 6 storeys.
It has a Residential Aged Care Facility but about 75% of the residents will actually live in the associated, independent living, Retirement Village. The development will be high density, equivalent to RZ 5 zoning. Most of the 39 representations received were concerned with height, bulk and scale; and the resultant impact upon the low level neighbourhood.
Application for review of the approval has been made to the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal and a 3-day scheduled hearing will begin on 30 March 2016. The Tribunal will view the site at 0930 that day and then proceed to the hearing venue at Level 4, 1 Moore St, Canberra City. Both the viewing and the hearing are open to the public.
- 21st March 2016 ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW – interim application seeking order to re-open the process of public notification – whether description in the public notification was incorrect – whether the Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear the application – whether the error in the description published in the public notification caused any practical injustice
- The Architect and Planner presented to the December WVCC public meeting in 2014
- The WVCC submission to the Development Application 5th August 2015
- Environment and Planning Notice of Decision 18 November 2015
- Goodwin website news article on Farrer redevelopment:
- Canberra Times articles: