The next meeting of the Woden Valley Community Council is on Wednesday 2 May 2012 commencing at 7.30pm. Meeting venue is the Hellenic Club, Matilda St. Phillip.
The meeting will be a Discussion with the ACT Greens on current Canberra-wide planning issues, key issues in Woden and any other issues you may like to raise for the coming ACT election in October. The ACT Greens will be having this discussion with other community councils in the ACT. You may be aware that the Act Greens (Caroline Le Couteur) have tabled their Planning and Development (Public Notification) Amendment Bill, which aims to strengthen public notification and information requirements for development proposals. The Bill
- Requires written notice of proposals for deconcessionalisation to houses within 500m of the site;
- Requires written notice of draft variations to the Territory Plan to houses within 500m of the site if the variation contains a proposal for a change of zone;
- Moves proposals for the building of single dwelling houses in existing suburbs from being exempt from the need for development approval into the Code track;
- Requires public notification for single dwelling proposals in the Code track; and
- Inserts a requirement for signage at building sites of single dwellings in existing suburbs to give information about where the approved building plans can be examined.
You are encouraged to attend the WVCC meeting on 2 May to raise issues of concern to you. We will also try and arrange similar meetings with the other major parties.
Also — at the 6 June meeting of the WVCC, there will be a presentation from Westfield and LDA on future planning for Westfield Woden (Woden Plaza) and the Woden bus interchange
Revised Meeting Agenda
7.30pm on Wednesday, 2 May 2012
Aegean Room, Hellenic Club
- Welcome and Apologies
- Record of WVCC Meeting held on 4 April 2012.
- Discussion with the ACT Greens on Canberra-wide planning issues, issues specific to Woden and any other issues of concern
- Presentation by Michael Jollon from AECOM on the Park and Ride and Bike and Ride study
- General business
- Outcomes of Combined Community Councils Meeting held 28 April 2012
- WVCC comments on proposal for Woden 9 development
- Planning Report
- Any other business
- Next meeting of the WVCC—Wednesday, 6 June 2012 at 7.30 pm in the Hellenic Club