This month’s meeting commencing at 7.00pm Meeting venue is the Canberra Southern Cross Club, Corinna Street. Phillip
The WVCC is undertaking a program of public forums to discuss with the community several issues associated with densification, including homes, transport, social and economic development and the environment.
We have invited locals with knowledge on these subjects to inform us about the issues and then have a panel discussion with the audience.
Our next meeting on Wednesday 4 August will start with a presentation from ACT Health about the options for the Master Plan for the Canberra Hospital. We will then welcome Travis Gilbert CEO ACT Shelter, Nick Proud CEO PowerHousing Australia, Craig Wallace Policy Officer ACTCOSS and Michael Hopkins CEO Master Builders Association.
We note the first week of August is Homelessness Week and the panel discussion will focus on homes and affordable housing.
We are keen to develop a set of principles and criteria for the WVCC to assess the merits of proposals as development continues to occur across our region.
Please come along and have a voice in discussions about the future of our community.
Welcome and Apologies
- Record of previous meetings
- Chair’s Report
- 7.10 – Canberra Hospital Master Plan – ACT Health
- Panel Discussion – Homes and Homelessness Week
- 7.30 – Travis Gilbert – CEO ACT Shelter
- 7.47 – Nick Proud – CEO PowerHousing Australia
- 7.54 – Craig Wallace – Policy Officer ACTCOSS
- 8.00 – Michael Hopkins – CEO Master Builders Association
- 5-minute update from MLAs
- Other business