You are invited to the WVCC public meeting on 5 September 2018 at 7pm to discuss public spaces in Woden.
Note change of venue to the Woden Library.
Minister Gentleman will attend the meeting and discuss the recently approved Precinct Code for the Town Centre and his vision for Woden. Mr Ben Ponton, Director General of the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate will also attend to answer questions about the planning for Woden and our public spaces, including Arabanoo Park.
The WVCC would like to congratulate Mr Chris Steel, Murrumbidgee MLA, for his promotion to Minister for City Services, Community Services and Facilities, Multicultural Affairs and Roads. We look forward to working with him to renew Woden.
Prior to the meeting, at 6.30pm, Ms Vanessa Little of Libraries ACT will take us on a tour of the Library to show us the spaces that will become available to the community after the Heritage Collection moves to Fyshwick. This is an opportunity for the community to contribute to the design of the new spaces so please come along to ensure you are informed of the potential opportunities for the community.
We will also receive an update on the ‘Woden Experiment’ (a 6 month street furniture installation in the Town Square), the Streetwise (over 55s street art) project in the bus interchange and a pop up art installation in Woden.
Finally, we will receive an update on the marker building behind the police station and the Precinct Plan being undertaken by Hindmarsh, Canberra Town Planning and the community.
Come along with your ideas and be part of the renewal of Woden.
- 30pm – Library tour – Vanessa Little, City Services
- 50pm – nibbles
- 7pm – Welcome and Apologies
- Record of meetings held on 4 July and 1 August 2018
- Chair’s Report
- Theme – Public Spaces
- Minister Gentleman – Vision for Woden, approval of V344 and next steps
- Mr Ben Ponton – will answer questions about planning
- City Services
- Library, Woden Experiment and Street art project for over 55s
- Canberra Town Planning and Hindmarsh
- Hindmarsh marker buildings update
- Precinct Plan update – Ms Nichelle Jackson
- WOVA development – Ms Fiona Carrick
- 5 minute update from MLAs
- Other business
Next meeting of the WVCC — 7pm — Wednesday 3 October 2018