You are invited to the WVCC public meeting at 7pm on 7 November 2018 at the Southern Cross Club.
This month we will host a panel discussion with Mr Chris Steel MLA, Minister for Community Services and Facilities, Ms Rachel Stephen-Smith MLA, Minister for Urban Renewal and Sergeant Karen Drake, Officer in Charge Woden Police Station. This is a fantastic opportunity to ask your questions about the vision for the future of Woden.
Mr Ian Mackay, CEO Southern Cross Club, will let us know about the ideas for the development of the pitch n putt site and Knight Frank will present the amendment to Geocon’s WOVA development application.
This meeting will start with the AGM which will highlight the achievements of the Council over the 2017-18 year, including the retention of three hectares of Eddison Park (instead of the expansion of the cemetery), the Melrose Drive mural of community members that have made significant contributions to Woden, the relocation of the 24 storey WOVA building to reduce the impact on the Bellerive Retirement Village and the inaugural scooter competition.
We have advocated strongly for our public spaces, including the Woden Town Square, and the Woden Experiment will install street furniture and green areas in this space. Woden is changing and it is a great time to join the committee. We are looking for community members to work with us to organise events to bring activity to our centre.
- 7pm – Welcome and Apologies
- AGM – 2017-18 – 20 minutes
- Chairs Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of committee members
- Monthly meeting
- Record of previous meetings
- Panel discussion – Connecting Communities and Civic Pride
- Minister Steel – Community services and facilities
- Minister Stephen-Smith – Urban renewal
- Sergeant Karen Drake – policing update
- Mr Ian Mackay – CEO Southern Cross Club – development of the pitch n putt site
- WOVA amended DA
- Other business