The Woden Valley Community Council, which believes well-considered neighbourhood plans are essential in achieving the best redevelopment outcomes, has called for the Draft Variation 303 to be withdrawn.
The WVCC opposes the proposed changes that would:
- increase plot ratios;
- reduce setback rules;
- reduce private and community open space;
- reduce minimum block size for standard single dwelling blocks and for multi unit development;
- permit secondary dwellings in backyards where none were previously allowed;
- remove the existing provisions for public notification for lease variations and certain other types of development, thereby removing residents’ rights to object and appeal against developments; and
- not ensure minimum passive solar provisions for living areas as is currently mandated.
Further information on Draft Variation 303, including copies of public submissions, is available on the ACTPLA website.