Draft Meeting Agenda
7.30pm on Wednesday, 6 July 2011
Orpheus Room, Hellenic Club
- Welcome and Apologies
- Record of WVCC Meeting held on 1 June 2011
- Presentation by Shane Rattenbury MLA on the ACT Greens’ Bill forward in the Legislative Assembly proposing minimum standards for rental properties in the ACT, including in the areas of energy efficiency and safety.
- Presentation by Bruce Frazer from the ACT Planning and Land Authority on Draft Variation to the Territory Plan No 306 (DV306) affecting residential estate development, solar access and consolidation of blocks in established suburbs.
- General Business
- Update on CSCC proposal for Pitch and Putt Club site
- Combined Community Councils Meeting on 23 July at Belconnen
- Planning Report
- Any other business
- Next meeting of the WVCC—Wednesday, 3 August 2011 at 7.30 pm in the Hellenic Club
Woden Valley Community Council Meeting, 6 July 2011
Shane Rattenbury, ACT Greens MLA will do a presentation on a new Bill he has put forward in the Legislative Assembly proposing minimum standards for rental properties in the ACT, including in the areas of energy efficiency and safety, at the next meeting of the Woden Valley Community Council on Wednesday, 6 July 2011 at 7.30 pm in the Orpheus Room, Hellenic Club, Woden.
According to the 2006 Census, around 35,000 of households are living in tenanted properties in the ACT. 72 per cent of these are private rentals and 26.5 per cent are rented by the ACT Government housing authority. While a large number of properties rented out are of good quality, and will have a high energy efficiency rating if they were recently constructed, many older houses are sub-standard. Amongst other things, the Bill provides a mechanism for tenants to request improvements to the premises so that they meet the minimum standard.
Bruce Frazer from the ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA) will do a presentation on Draft Variation to the Territory Plan No 306 (DV306) affecting residential estate development, solar access and consolidation of blocks in established suburbs. DV306 takes into account the community’s concerns about provisions in DV301 and DV303 (which have now been withdrawn), including concerns about multi-unit development in residential areas. The deadline for comments is 2 August 2011. Helpful fact sheets on DV306 and the actual draft variation can be found on the ACTPLA website at www.actpla.act.gov.au/
All are most welcome to attend the WVCC meeting on 6 July. Come along to be informed and to express your views on these important issues.